LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Osborne Kansas May 23rd, 1958

Osborne Kansas.
May 23rd, 1958

Dear Archie;

Well you ought to be here and see OLD KANSAS, She looks about the best I ever saw, Everything is so green and every creek is running water just as clear as a mountain stream and every fisher man is catching fish in nearly pound, rive and stream.

It will be a month Monday since Mattie passed away and I will sure miss her, She wrote me so regular and she had such a good memory. Yes Bob told me the seen Father write in the old Genology that I was to have it after Fred was through with it but Bob is going to give me the one that cousin Alice Garner (Dewey) gave hef

You know that Aunt Minnie had the one that Uncle WM had and one time I said to her, That if she didnt want to give it to some one else, Then I would like to have it and she never said a word one way or another. I asked Harry Brown about it and he said I could have it if he could find it but he said he never could find it among her things. Suppose she gave it to Anna. Or destroyed it just for Dam meaness.

The 25th of this month will be Hawrds birthday, He would have been forty years old, My how time flies, Ten years in June 18th since he passed away.

Got a nice letter from George in Utah, The STORK is coming in July he says, Said he hpoes it is twin boys so he will havea farmer and a stock man. Gerald is going to be married right away he said.

Helen sent me a picture of her Grandson, My he is a lunker. Say Cris will have togrow up fast if you want a Great Grandson Ha

Yes you can see and read all the things in the Geneology when you folks come to see us, You know you are sixteen or seventeen years younger than I Ha, Was talking to AlexRuble the other day and he said he would be eighty his next birthday, Gosh I didn't realize he was that old.

Havent heard a word from Wm, Did hear that Katie was getting home sick already though.

Guess we should have a Gov job, Se they raise their wages every fifteen minutes, Guess I told you that Ila was in hospital to have Abscess cut out, She was there three nights and two day and just the hospital bill was eighty seven dollars, I had and old Hospital bill here of Fathers in 1939 when he was over to Hays for the same length of time and it was seventeen dollars, Some difference Ha.

Here is a letter from Mattie in 1953 with an old letter from my Grandmother Moorhead to my Mother askind about your mother. And one from Uncle Philo to mother, He was here once to see Uncle WM and Father after mother died, Dont know if you saw him or not.

Well write when you have time, Love to all
                                                        Uncle Geo.

NOTE: This letter was typed on a half page of paper. I typed it the same way Uncle George did, with the exception of a few keys that typed high. He used "," and not "."

No comments:

Post a Comment