LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ottawa, Ill July 30th, 1895 - Lizzie Little White

Ottawa Ill
July 30th, 95

My Dear Mother,

I received your letter and was glad to hear from you as I always am.

I wrote to Father and Fred last week. suppose they have got them by this time but no letter from Linic. (?)

Carrie & I are doing up some peaches for Father. wish you could step in and help us.

George was home over Sunday.

Uncle Ike is still in the Country.

We have been having pretty good rains lately I guess the corn will be pretty good here they wont have any move small grain here than been folks had out there. I have been making Carries Mother a black dress. I have got the skirt all done but putting the elastic in the back I jammed my thimble finger in a door so cant sew for a few days. dosent Bess do any of her sewing & I wonder why she don't write.?

didn't Bess ever nurse her Cliffi?

didn't you think that I could afford to buy a comb for you I will send one in this letter and also the dime you sent.

tell George to write to his big sister.

Well I guess I will have to close for this time milk lots of love to all I remain your dear beloved daughter write soon Lizzie

say Mother are you going to send for me to fix the door step?



Note: typed as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment