LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Irvin Wineland - unknown date - last page of letter.

If they should happen to write you asking for my address – just say the last you heard from me that I was in Chicago or Boston. Thanks for writing on a separate sheet Archie as Pear always wants to read your letter – and don’t forget any special thing you want to write to me personally about do the same as you did.

I know that if I don’t get something by March that I’ll probably be up there to find something – I’d like to lease some good prospect to mine as good a price as gold is one could make a few dollars a day and possibly could clean up a nice sum as one is apt to hit some streaks of good pay dirt.

You wrote about drilling for oil – say it costs 50 to a hundred thousand to put up a good oil well – it’s very expensive the bits are diamond bitted and the tools all are expensive. No, I’d rather Trap in winter and mine in the summer or something.

Then one should get locate tere in late summer or early fall to get the most out of trapping you think?

Now don’t wait so long in answering


Love to all, Your Brother Irvin and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment