LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Orville Matheson - Sept 6, 43

Sept 6 – 43

Btny C – 144th

Camp Haan Calif

 

Dearest Mother,

 

Very sorry haven’t wrote sooner. I had time but was so tickled to get off the desert we’ve been bnd trying to have a good time. It didn’t seem as long as it been since I wrote till I figured it out. So I sent a telegram Sat. Night. And so I’m going to write as much as I can. Well I got transferred Sept 1 – to Btny D. then a few days ago I got a transfer to Btny C – 144th. We are at Camp Haan now. Will be here about 11 wks I guess. But we are in a new outfit. I have to take my basic training over. But hope to get a ratting this time, as I’m really going to get down and buck. Maybe I can come out a Cpl. Technician. But this is just between you and me. I’ll ssure see what I can do to make you proud. That is I really have faith enough in myself that I can. Just pray for me mom that what helps. You know that.  Well mother I’m a little late finishing this but I will mail it now that I have a chance. Did you receive the watch I sent Jr. Answer back and tell me. I’m going to send my new one home when I go back to the deserts. Well our furloughs was canceled when we changed but I’ll be home about Christmas which will be better. Will close for now.

 

Your loving son, Mat.


No comments:

Post a Comment