LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Fred White to Archie - Sept 11, 1945

Silverton, Colo

Sept 11

 

Dear Archie,

I rec your nice long letter. That begun in June and ended in Aug. why don’t you get a Blind Sic to write your letters if you are to busy ha ha.

I have been sick since Sat with Inteslinel Flu I was sic as H—L. I missed a shift last night the first in since I been here over two years. Outside of when I had my leg Broke.

Clifford & Dude came over last Sat nite and stayed until Monday and we all went to

“2” 

Ridgeway to the Rodeo Races and 4-H Fair and to the Dance at nite we had a good time that was the first time I had been away from here for a year I was over there last year. Clifford brought his Boy Geo Race Horse over there and run it in the ½ mile Saddle Horse Race and was first. He is 6 years old and is pretty fast he had him over to Grand Junction to the Rodeo & Stock Show and he beat everything it gets pretty chilly here nites. There was Ice yesterday morning. I got a card from Bro Geo Sat  it was from Old Mexico. They had been out to Helen 

“3”

After Lucile she had been out there for a couple of months Bobs Boy Fred is back from Italy. Lyle is in Japan I think. They will have to put a Dog chain in every one of those Rats and stand over them with a Machine Gun. If I had Run things I would have droped a Hundred of them Bobs on them and blowed the whole Dam Tribe off the Face of the Earth. If they get a half a chance they will be ready fro another war in a few year. And of course the US will be the Goat and give them everything they want. I would liked to seen Rusa & Chime took care of them. I thought Truman was going

“4”

To be a lot better than Rosy but he seems to be following in his foot steps.

He wants to hush up the Pearl Harbor Deal I supose those Officers were Democrats. But if Old Churchill don’t get his Ham & Eggs he is liable to squeal. England is sure making a Squack because Truman shut off the Flow of money giving to England. If them Dam Halfwits would get busy and do something they might make a living for their ownselves.  Old Joe is liable to step in there and learn them a thing or too.

If Hitler had worked it right and left Rusia alone he could have taken England.

“5”

And I would liked to seen him done it if he would of let us alone. England is always starting something and them wanting the US to help them out.

Harolds folks are all O.K. he has about 40 men soon working at the mine. I would like to go back home this winter and see the kids. All I have seen from back there is Rosa & kids and Sylvia, Cliffords Girl and Rosa Dorris, Bobs Girl was here a week in Aug. Sylvia White is married to a Soldier by the name of Ralph Biggs. He & her  graduated at Healy the same year he is in a Hospital In Cal

“6”

He was wounded in the Hand. And she is in Denver she did work at the Kaiser Amineution Plant for nearly a year and was layed off and is working at Buckly Field now.

He is to be discharged in a couple of wees and then they are going some place to live.

Raul & Alice are building a new house.

Everyone had a good crop back there and got a good price for it. Andy Johnson’s Soninlaw died last week he was Cliff Bland he was Sheriff of Gove Co 4 years tell Mable & Shirley Hello and don’t be so Dam long answering this letter

My Birthday is the 24 of June.

Love Uncle Fred


No comments:

Post a Comment