LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Letter To Archie From SE White - Oct 21, 1918

The Natoma Central Telephone Co.

 

Monday Morning Oct 21, 1918

 

Dear Archie,

 

Your letter come Saturday found us all well. Granma, Mattie, Hester and I went to Osborne Thursday afternoon. Granma had 10 tickets out. We come out Sat P.M. It tried to rain a little Friday but did not amount to much. Joe and Nettie went out yesterday we got 5 ducks. Bob went to K.U. last Tuesday have had a letter and two cards from him. No word abou you two boys yet will let you know when we do. No news here. Yesterday Willie run over a turkey of your friend Mrs. T. and she sent him down a note telling him to send her $4.00 within 6 hours, but he has not sent it yet and so I suppose there will be something doing soon.

 

Well, I will have to stop write often. – Granpa (S.E. White)


No comments:

Post a Comment