LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, January 14, 2021

SE White to Archie Wineland Sept 8, 1922

 

Note: This letter has a “chunk” out of the side. I will type what I can with the “….” In the area’s where there is no paper anymore.

 

The Natoma Central Telephone Co.

Friday Morning 9/8” 1922

Dear Archie,

Just a line this morning as …..have to go to town. My dear boy I have ……put you in the same class as Irvin…..some temper. But I think that….ndmother influence made you see……between right and wrong……ery selfish and sees only what…..benifit. I have mislade his letter…the one from his wife but they are….The one he wrote from Honolulo …never said a word about the trouble I think he is in the navy or army. The other day I got an ash tray from him made out of some kind of wood. About those horses from Carl Miller that will be all right I will sign the note He will try and get over to see the game a week from Sunday.

Yours in haste – Grandfather.

2nd Note: I believe he is talking about Archie’s brother – Irvin Wineland.

No comments:

Post a Comment