LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, October 2, 2026

Sept 9, 1963 - Irving Wineland to Archie

 It's interesting what I find in envelops that are thicker than the usual letter. My grandmother kept everything and now I'm thankful she did. I'm just sadden to know that in 1963 my grandfather had a stroke and his memory at times was off. He was a wonderful grandfather but seemed lost at times. He later died in 1967, and I remember coming back for his funeral. 




Even though Archie and Irving were not raised in the same household, they were close. I think at times my grandmother kept them apart. She didn't want my grandfather to go back to Kansas or to be near his brother. At least they kept in contact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment