LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Second Letter of 4 - 1939

 Post Mark – Laroy 6 PM Mar 8 1933 Kans. – Back of envelope – May 10 1939 Wall…. Oreg.

Note: 4 letters were found in this envelope. 3 of them dated 1939.  Letter #2

Glasco, Kans –

Dear Nettie & Mattie:

Was glad to get Netties card – had thought of you so many times {perina} . I have so many to write to & it is more of a task any more. – I try to write the boys often – I used to depend on Adaf for some of the writing – we rather took turns writing the boys – but now I have that to do & of course write to Betty often as I can. I am always glad to hear from you girls. I have been thinking so much about your Father & thought I would write to him but just haven’t – I wrote to Wm. & Katie & George’s & Ruth & Cy – after we were there – but haven’t heard anything more – well we did get a Christmas Card too from Martha & John. I saw by the Salina Journal they had a car accident & have intended writing them – I also wanted to tell you about the Morton Fletcher family also the Chet Wentworth family that went from here to Ft. Collin’s. The Fletchers are home now Jim just now told me. The Wentworths are in a restaurant or CafĂ© – she sent me such a pretty card of Sympathy after Adaf was gone. I appreciated it but never have written her – The oldest boy was here a week during the Easter vacation.  Ella & Jack Collend line at Grangeville Ida they are out about 40 mi. up in the Mts. May “Heggendorn” Fadely went to see them a year or so ago – Mary & Frank just moved to Boring, Oregon – Box 418 – RR #1 – the first of the year – it’s 11 miles East of Portland Oregon – Eunice lives at Joseph, Ida - & Myra Hockersmith lives at Kennewick – Wash – think Warren is with Eunice now or was a short time ago. Eunice Bentley – I couldn’t think of her last name – her husband died – Myras husband has been sick a long time – It would be nice if Archie could meet some of those people. We have been real well all winter – Harry is with us & has been since the first of the year – He can do quite a little choring – Jim was elected Trustee of Solomon Township this spring so he is away through the day so much – has been assessing but is nearly through now. We were down to Beth’s last Wed – Little Mary is quite a girl – 3 years old now – she talks so plain & is cute as can be – we enjoy her so much – Fred’s cousin Anna Ogan has been keeping house for him since in the fall – she is real nice & is lots of company for me. She is a cousin of John’s wife too. This has been a very windy day & so warm – We’ve had such cool weather for so long – Have had lots of snow & rain but these windy days dry out the soil. Maybe it will blow up another rain. Write some times we would be so glad to hear from you – would like to go & see your Father once more will try to if possible – Lots of love to all – Allie & Jim

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment