LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Maurice Matheson 1934


La Grande Ore
1714 Z Ave

June 9, 1934

Dear Sis,

Hope this letter finds you all ok & feeling fine. Sorry I didn’t write sooner but guest seemed like I couldn’t write to no body.

We’ve sure been having some wet weather my but how it did rain for about 8 or 9 days not steady but was sure a lot of water fall. The sum has shown yesterday & to day will proably start laying again next week. I sure hope so.

How is the corps if ask there this year any way. Things look fair out here. We had so much rain it split. Lots of cherries upon I don’t know how they will be. They may not before they ripen If it would of waited a week it would probably been better but I guess we have to take it as it come rain or shine.

Folks are all feeling pretty good. I got me a new $32.50 bango sure a keen one “Tenor Bango.”

Marvin said tell you he has been going to write to you but has been so busy that he didn’t get around to it yet.

I’m sure a puzzle when it comes to writing. I don’t like to write well enough to write to any body.

Listen Sis I got a picture of me. That I’m going to send you. I want you to send it back because by rights it ain’t mine. But, my Girl friend over next to the line has got the negatives to it and some other pictures she lives at Jamieson Ore. She went to normal here She went home the other day. We had some taken a few days before. She left but she had to go home quicker than she expected & I never got to see the last but she said she would send them to me. When she got home.

So if you will send this one back, I will get one like it & some of the other & send you. I will write her & get the negatives to it. Well sis I guess I will close tonight so will write more next time.

Please don’t wait so long to write as I did.

As Ever,

With Love,

Maurice

PS Tell Archie I said Hello.

Please send Picture back for long as it really isn’t mine. I will send a picture of my girl friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment