LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Laura Wineland and Nellie LaRush - Dec 10, 1960


Dec 10th 1960

Dear Mable and Archie –

I was so glad to receive your letter.

I was interested in Archie’s finding a hearing aid he could get some good out of. He will be a long while getting use to it. Probly like mother. He will always hear more than he wants to.

We are both real well this winter mother for some reason worrys about such unneccary things. She makes herself more or less unhappy

We had extra good crops this year. And althou cattle were lower our calves sold for $20.50 to $26.50 so we were very well satisfied. We had 38 head.

Mr. lowery on the place wants to retire. So we are trying to sell the place. Of course he will have an interest in this crop of calver.

Albert Senior is real well again. I don’t know if you heard he had appendicitis. Since that surgery he has felt good.

He is taking the responsibility of the selling of the ranch. I’m very thankful he is willing to do it.

I was glad to hear of Shirley and her family. I expect they have their lovely times but they are having a wonderful time and enjoying it.

I think it wonderful Chris is learning to speak German.

It sounds as though those little boys would have a wonderful place to play when they get home.

Lucille and family are well. Her baby Daniel is in second grade.

Roberts mother has been with them this last summer. The sister and her family and Mrs. Leach drove out from Ill in two cars. (in July) Then with Lucilles family they all went to Colo spent ten day had a grand time. Mrs Leach stayed and Bob drove her car home for her and he is coming home today by Buss. He has spent ten days in his old home town.

Do you receive the farmer?

It would be grand if we could come to your 62 worlds fair.

By for now, Love Laura

(Also in the letter-)

Dear folks: I just had to write a little thank you note, as I remember the lovely time we spent in your home and our trips out. I will not be going that way again and wishing you a heart satisfying Christmas in spite of “wars & rumers of wars.” For a brighter day is downing for this old world –
You have earned your loviely new home and I hope you have time to enjoy it – means so much to be in same neighborhood: we have lived here in same house forty six years – but how the neighborhood has changed. Nelli LaRosh



No comments:

Post a Comment