LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Uncle Jim & Aunt Bee (Matheson?) Dec 13 - 1960


Natoma Kans


Dec 13 – 1960

Dear Mabel & Archie

Got your card & letter a few days ago & was glad to hear from you again I dident even know where you & Archie were. We got a long letter from Forest this last summer. It is winter here we have a bout 3 or 4 in of snow on the ground here Now it is a nice snow the wind never blew so it dident drift Jim says it is sure good for the wheat Christmas is soon coming fast enough for me to. We are having our revival here at our church now. It started Dec 5 & will close the 18th. My children are all fine Bonnie & Lyle live in Denver. Ted in Liberal Kans he only has the 1 boy & he is married & has 1 baby boy. Bonnie lives in Denver & works at Gatis Rubber Co & has for 20 years. She sure makes good money. Ted has a good Job at Liberal Wilda lives South of Plainville. She teaches school at Codell this is her 5th year for it. Lyle lives in Denver & Paints & makes good money. Lyle has 1 boy & 3 girls & he has 2 little grandauthers. Wilda has 4 boys & she has 5 grand children & 1 more on the way. And Lyle have 1 more grandbaby on the way to. Babies sure come fast but they are aufil sweet to me. I love all babies. We Jim & I have 8 great grand babies and 2 more on the way. So no wonder I am feeling old. I was 70 Oct the 17th & Jim will be 75 April the 4th. Poor Uncle John is over here in a rest home Bonnie was out for T.G. & we went to see him he can’t hardly see or hear either just him Jim & Art are all the boys left & just Laura & Mattie is all the girls left of grandma’s children. So glad you have a nice home & wish we could come & see you but I know we can’t we both are bothered with Arthritis. Your Uncle Jim says tell them helo for me Well dinner is over & dishes washed & Jim has gone to saw down a big tree for some one here in town he has a chain saw & it really does the work. He has sawed down over 300 trees I think he said he gets paid for sawing them down & gets the wood to  & we sure have a big pile of wood here in our yard all sawed in to fire wood & we burn 2 heaters. I don’t think I could keep warm with a gas heater. I have a gas cookstove but I have diabetis & on a street diet & can’t eat the food that keeps you warm wish I could see you & all your family I had to read your letter again to see what Shirley’s name was couldn’t think of it that is another sign of old age. You wait & you will find out I know their faces but forget their names. & I find out I am not the only one that does forget & if you live to be old you will find out to. I went to Maggies funeral they brought her back here of coarse & she looked natural. Lyle paints with Sam Boyer part of the time in Denver Well I expect I have better bring this to a close so if I get a chance I can send it to the P.O. to mail it. I hope the best for you & yours & God Bless you all write again from Aunt Bee & Uncle Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment