LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Mr & Mrs Melvin Chrisler Dec 19 1960


Hope you can read this letter

Dec 18, 1960

Dear Mable and Archie,

We got your letter and Christmas card and sure was glad to hear from you.

How are you folks any way.

Well I hope.

Melvin isn’t so well to night again. We had a snow storm last week and it is/been very cold ever since. Melvins brother John died last night at eight oclock of a heart attack he lived in Russell.

He has been sick for a long time he had sugar diabetis to. Leona came down a little while ago to stay rest of the night with us. Don had a cold cause Melvin is sick. It is half past four now and Melvin hasn’t slept a wink all night. He is in so much pain. I have an idea he will have to go to the hospital again.

It sure is cold and we still have snow. How is the weather out there.

Eldon said Johney Lock came out Sunday with his dogs and he got five or six coyotes.

Mable yes Warrena can walk with her crutches but that is the only way she still has arthritis awfully bad and she is dizzy lots of time. When she is feeling well she drives the car lots and she sure does enjoy driving the car so much.

Mable Mrs. Berger at Natoma she keeps sick patients and my brother John stays there since Aunt Rose died.

Well Mable here is Rosas address:

Mrs Rosa Moss
Box – Hines Oregan

Amy isen’t there lots of plane recks lately 186 got killed within the last week. They collided

Dec 19.-60

Well Mabel Melvin is lots better tonight than he was last night. He just couldn’t stay in bed and he couldn’t stay out and he just rolled and tumbled in bed all night with pain. He has muscular arthritis ulsurs of the stomach and heart truble

They say it is to be colder tomorrow and pobissibly some snow.

I am glad that Shirley and her husband likes it over in Germany. For it would be awful to have to stay over there if they didn’t like it there. Well I guess I had better ring off and write some more letters .

Answer soon,

Love to both of you

Melvin and Martha

Mable one of them planes came down in New York city and killed 125 people and then the other one near some bay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment