LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Divorce - Irving Wineland Oct 6, 2026

NOTE: This is the first we have seen any sign of Irvin getting a divorce from the 6 wives he had. Shame he didn't tell us the name of his wife - in the last few letters we have listed.  

Irvin Wineland
Gen Del San Francisco
California

Post marked – Oct 9, 1926

Mr. Archie Wineland
Natoma Kansas
San Francisco

Oct 6 – 26

 

Dear Bro:

 Well I expect that you will be surprised to get this letter from me – as I just wrote one to you folks last week. I think I’ll find a job here in the city, it seems good to be back in a real city after you have been away for three or four years. I’ve been in Los Angeles v.no –

 Say Archie I wonder if it would be possible if you could wire or send me a loan of a hundred and fifty Dollars for say three or four months I have a insurance policy that I will be able to get a loan of a $125 – the 1st of the New Year but I just can’t make it before then so if you can possible spare it – I’ll never forget it as long as I live – the reason – you wonder is that I have filed suit for divorce and the attorney wants the pay of $125 in cash by the 20th of this month. Now for the love of pete don’t even say any thing about this to any body out side of your little wifey now remember.

 Here's hoping that every thing is lovely in your little home –

 I remain your loving bro Irvin-

 906 Howard St

San Franciso Calif



Post card from the 1930's. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment