LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I G Wineland - Sept 2, 1924 - Los Angeles

 I G Wineland
2132 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles

 Mr. Archie Wineland
Natoma Kansas

 Los Angeles Calif

Sept 16 – 24

 Dear Brother:

 Well I’ve been waiting to hear from you for the past few months but you haven’t written.

 How is all the folks back there? And how did your wheat crop come out? I have been on a vacation fro the past three months and will start to work about Monday on the same old job.

 How is Grandfather White getting along? I haven’t heard from him since last Oct. Have you heard from Grandfather Wineland? I got a letter from Mrs. La Rosh aying that he was just the same – that much have been six or seven months ago.

 My wife just got out of the Hospital, she is laying in bed as I write this letter – she says “helo” to you, and that she would love to see you – can’t you send us a photo. You ought to see our little airdale pup – he is three and a half months old – just growing fine and is as onery as his master – haha.

 Well write and give an account of yourself.

 Your loving bro. Irvin. 

2132 sunset Blvd

Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment