LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Archie to Mable 1923


Sun Eve 5.30

Dearest Mable –

I received your two letters and was most awfully glad to get them, and glad to know that you got there all right. I sure hope you enjoy yourself. I stayed over today and have been busy all day. Snow and I went up to Walker just after dinner. Gene’s folks came over for dinner but Babe wasn’t along. R.C. B. was over the other day to see me. He wanted my little Bay horse to ride in the Pony Express race next Sat and also that he wanted me to go along. We get from Russell to Ellis. Will explain it to you when I get to see you.

I sure was busy this week. About every night I dreamed of Warrena. Last nite I thought I was working in some town and the kid came along and said she was lost and of course I had to look after her. We won’t have so awfull much more threshing. We are about 5 miles North of Walker now.  Kid you will just have to look over my poor writing for the simple reason that I have a pencil that is only one inch long and I am laying in bed with my paper on a little block of wood about 4 by 10 inches so look out for some epiatule. (? Was underlined)   Jim and all the rest went home last nite and it seems lonesome  around here when I am not working. Now it doesn’t seem that way than as I consider writing work. Well Kid I am now down to the shack and it 6.30 and I am giving to Walker with Phil after supper. I have been a pretty good Boy lately and I will try to be you know I have a pretty bad failing but. But, I am out say no more. Jim and I are going to have a fishing party when we get done and we will pick our crowd and we will enjoy ourselves to the utmost capacity. Tell you when I see you Kid.

Well Kid be good and try and enjoy yourself for once

Well supper’s ready so By By

As ever

Archie E.

No comments:

Post a Comment