LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

WWII - Dec 1943 - California - Orville Matheson


AA Camp Irwin * California

Dec 15 – 43
Btny C – 144th
Camp Haan

Dear Folks,

Guess I’ll drop you a line. Well mom. You can forget about me being home for a while. Say till about March. We got some new equitment and we have to learn it before we get furloughs, so us boys get served again. Mom I’m not the only one theres about 100 more in the same fix. Although a lot of the go AWOL, but I’d rather get out a year sooner. Well mom it’ll be better weather and things might turn out okay. Maybe the roads will be better and I’ll have a chance to earn some more money before then. Well mom got to close for now. Please write soon .

Your loving son, Mat.



No comments:

Post a Comment