LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Unknown Date - Archie to Mable


No postmark or date on this letter – same blue paper as he used in 1923.

Dear Mable –

I am sorry that I couldn’t get around any quicker. Say Kid get Web or Nattie to bring you over tomorrow morning (Sat). I am sending for some Hamburger by Bob. I also wrote to grandfather about the money. Say Kid lets go back over to town Sat nite and then get that straightened up and order our furniture and come back Monday. We want to try and coax Bob to go to Russell after Paint Monday. I want to get a matress and the stuff for a (petition) Monday.

Listen Kid send your Friend or Bring it. The goose, but leave your clothes and other stuff till Monday. Bring all my good clothes and yours also one of your old dresses tomorrow. Make Web or Nettie or someone bring you as I will be most awfully busy tomorrow. I told Mrs. Bowlby to bake me a cake and have it ready sometime Sat and she said all right she looked and I’ll bet she wondered what I wanted it for.

As Ever Archie




This could have been when Mable and Archie eloped. They took off and got married without anyone knowing about it. He had left her a message by the tree they would meet at, in Kansas. I don't know more than that about the elopement. Grandmother didn't talk much about it, other than she met him up on a hill and they planned the escape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment